Workforce Development & Recruiting
The State of Connecticut and our industry group, the Aerospace Components Manufacturers, collaborated to host an information session on how to strengthen workforce development efforts and incumbent worker training.
The Department of Labor has several programs to help manufacturers. We have worked closely with local colleges; including Manchester Community College, Asnuntuck Community College, and Goodwin College. These schools and their peer institutions have successful and growing Advanced Manufacturing and Precision Machining/CNC Machining Programs.
- We employ their graduates.
- Their instructors have trained our longtime employees.
- We have donated materials.
We are working hard to develop the next generation workforce as a foundational brick in our growth plan.
We are recruiting for several positions, including entry level and experienced roles:
- Sales Manager (Horst Engineering Family of Companies, East Hartford, CT)
- Quality Assurance Manager (Horst Engineering Family of Companies, East Hartford, CT)
- Quality Inspector (Horst Engineering, East Hartford, CT)
- Deburring Operator (Horst Engineering, East Hartford, CT)
- 2nd Shift CNC Turning/Lathe Set-Up Operator (Horst Engineering, East Hartford, CT)
- 2nd Shift CNC Swiss Screw Machine Operator (Horst Engineering, South Windsor, CT)
See our Careers Page for a full list. Advanced Manufacturing offers great career opportunities. The pendulum has swung and technical jobs are getting the respect that they deserve.
Spread the word. Horst Engineering and many our peer companies are hiring. There are good jobs in manufacturing for motivated workers. This is good for our economy.