Sets-up and operates Thread Rolling equipment to produce highly precision component parts that meet all quality standards for aerospace machining.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from blueprints, operation sheets, travelers or other specifications, set-ups and completes all the machining operations to produce a quality part.
- Checks to make sure that the material to be used meets all specifications. Obtains parts or material from a staging area.
- Performs complex set-ups of own work or for others.
- Makes all required adjustments to the machinery. Obtains dies, tooling, gages, inserts and all other equipment needed to complete the set-up.
- Assists other Operators or Set-up/Operators with set-up or production problems and helps to train other set-up/operators.
- Performs all Thread Rolling manufacturing operations as well as all grinding operations as needed.
- Insures that all manufactured parts are in full compliance to quality standards. Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration) on all parts produced and performs actual dimensional verification using measuring instruments as per the guidelines established by the customer, the department or the Quality Assurance Department.
- Replaces all worn or damaged tooling as necessary.
- Verifies and records actual part count, both prior to and upon completion of all work.
- Performs all routine maintenance on the equipment and maintains all fluid levels. Keeps the equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Returns excess parts or material to the staging area.
- Moves the finished work to an assigned area. Enters all work performed in the database and documents all scrap. Notifies department coordinator or supervisor of any parts shortages or machining problems/difficulties.
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Interacts with associates from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience with working on and setting up Thread Rollers.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Understanding of operation sheets/blueprints, specifications.