Swiss Machine Set-Up Operator
Sets-up and operates CNC Swiss Machines to produce highly precision component parts that meet all quality standards.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from blueprints, operation sheets, travelers or specifications, set-ups and completes the machining operations to produce a quality part.
- Checks to make sure that the material to be used meets all specifications. Obtains bar stock or material from a staging area.
- Performs complex set-ups of own work or for others.
- Makes all required adjustments to the machinery. Obtains tooling, gages, inserts and all other equipment needed to complete the set-up and brings up the program. Edits the program as necessary.
- Assists other Operators or Set-up/Operators with set-up or production problems and helps to train other set-up/operators.
- Ensures that all manufactured parts are in full compliance to quality standards. Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration) on all parts produced and performs actual dimensional verification using measuring instruments as per the guidelines established by the department or the Quality Assurance Department.
- Replaces all worn or damaged tooling as necessary.
- Verifies and records actual part count, both prior to and upon completion of all work.
- Performs all routine maintenance on the equipment and maintains all fluid levels. Keeps the equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Returns excess bar stock or material to the staging area.
- Moves the finished work to an assigned area. Enters all work performed in the database and documents all scrap. Notifies lead person or supervisor of any parts shortages or machining problems/difficulties.
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Interacts with associates from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation sheets/blueprints, specifications, and all applicable Company/Customer paperwork
- Must be able to read and edit CNC Programs
- Five plus years of increasingly diverse experience with CNC Swiss Machines in either a machine shop or CNC machining environment. Technical school training for CNC Machining a plus.
- Push/Pull up to 40 lbs
- Bend at knees
- Stand for long periods of time