The Quality Manager will be responsible for the quality management system of the HORST Engineering Family of Companies. This role will direct and oversee the Quality Assurance and Inspection functions. The incumbent must be a strong leader who has demonstrated proficiency in building team culture and aligning business goals and objectives in a challenging and dynamic environment. Must have prior experience with inspection methods, quality documentation, and development of AS9100/ISO9000 processes to manufacture top quality product (consistent with established standards, customers’ specifications, and production goals). This role serves as a member of the HORST Engineering Management Team.
- Train and develop departmental staff. Develop the skillsets and competencies of team members to achieve business goals and objectives for sustainable growth.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the function.
- Provides constructive and timely performance feedback.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing inspection processes and streamlining inspection throughput.
- Responsible for interpreting customer/industry drawings, specifications, and requirements along with developing inspections systems/metrology to satisfy requirements.
- Provide final judgment on quality issues.
- Responsible for effective quality processes including procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics and measurable improvements that are required to meet quality system standards.
- Provide statistical and technical expertise to the team.
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of customer’s requirements and acts as the company’s main customer quality assurance contact.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Manages quality budget including inspection, measuring, and test equipment, gages, certifications, etc.
- Makes recommendations for and implements improvements to inspection technology, systems improvements, etc.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting inspection metrics.
- Manages the Quality Clinic and non-conforming product processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in related engineering or technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience with team-oriented leadership skills.
- Quality Assurance, Industrial Management, or Engineering experience with applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an AS9100/ISO9000 Quality Management System.
- Experience with GE Aviation, Raytheon Technologies (Collins Aerospace/Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), and other aerospace OEM customers is required.
- Understanding of First Article Inspection Reports (FAI) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reports. ECAV reports and submissions.
- Familiar with major customer supplier portals including GE Aviation and Raytheon Technologies.
- Familiar with Flight Safety and other critical component processes including ESA, VSE, SPS.
- Strong information technology skills especially related to inspection measuring and test equipment, digital gaging, and quality systems.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards.
- Familiarity with export compliance requirements including DFAR and ITAR.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Lean Enterprise and other continuous improvement experience.
- Maintain a strong team environment.
- Vision system and/or CMM experience is a plus.
- Strong ethics to uphold the company’s Core Purpose and Core Values and to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities.
- Sendentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 lbs