This first shift position is part of the Quality Assurance Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
- Working from special process certifications, shop routers, operation sheets, blueprints, and other specifications, insures that all manufactured parts or materials are in full compliance.
- Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration).
- Verifies actual part count (by hand or by scale).
- Verifies all special processes (hardness, coatings, etc.) to part specifications.
- Performs dimensional verification to operation sheet/blueprint requirements.
- Completes Inspection Method Sheets and shop router paperwork.
- Performs hardness machine verifications.
- High School diploma
- Five years’ experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, customer, AMS, ANSI, ASME, and ISO Specifications.
- Must be able to use a variety of Measuring and Test equipment such as Bore gages, Profilometers, Tri Rolls, Height gages, Indicator Micrometers and Optical Comparators.
- Skilled in the use of inspection gauging (micrometer, caliper, height stand, indicator, optical comparator, tri-roll type gauging, profileometer etc.)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical and shop math skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- CMM experience (PC-DMIS) is a plus.
- DQR experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001, Quality Management System requirements.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to push/pull up to 40 lbs