This role is responsible for a variety of Quality Management System processes in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include support for Inspection functions, customer quality requirements, and supplier expectations. Areas of focus will include document control, First Article Inspection (FAI), Quality Clinic oversight, and process improvements.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Reviews design drawings and changes, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses to ensure that quality requirements are met.
- Supports the contract review process.
- Interpretation of AS9100C, ISO9001:2008, ASQR-01, and other customer, regulatory, and process specifications.
- Performs internal audits. Experience with AS9100 internal audits a plus.
- Provides Quality support to the Engineering Team with New Product Introduction (NPI) and analysis of nonconforming parts.
- Interacts with the Customer Service & Sales Team to resolve customer issues and returns.
- Responds to customer Corrective Action Requests (CAR) with appropriate and effective process improvements.
- Will communicate with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Supports the Purchasing Team with material procurement, special processes, and approved supplier requirements.
- Will communicate with suppliers to flow down requirements. Will resolve quality issues, monitor, and measure performance, and work to eliminate defects.
- Generates quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and reviews quality trends to mitigate process risk and institute process improvements.
- Leads Quality Clinic activity. Performs Root Cause and Corrective Action utilizing tools such as 8D and 5 Why’s.
- Maintains quality documentation as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Implements new metrology, inspection methods, and technology (i.e. CMM, vision systems, etc.).
- Supports continuous improvement activity.
- Four-year degree (or 5 years of inspection experience) plus 2 to 3 years as a Quality Engineer or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Working knowledge of lean enterprise principles.
- Requires knowledge of the company quality management system, as well as contractual quality requirements, which vary from customer to customer.
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T blueprints, and perform shop math (including trigonometry).
- Capable with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Requires effective human relations skills to motivate others and convince them of the validity of solutions to problems.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 pounds frequently
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis