The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the coordination of manufacturing activities/ for the company. The Manufacturing Manager will oversee the workflow for all production related processes, while embracing Lean Enterprise to continuously improve. This role will have the responsibility for managing manufacturing employees in several areas: including performance management, discipline, conflict resolution and scheduling.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan and determine optimal utilization of manufacturing workers and equipment to meet goals.
- Oversee production employees in manufacturing areas, including lead personnel for CNC programing, work cells, and other manufacturing areas.
- Oversee shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
- Monitor daily performance, production output, cost, product quality, scheduling commitments, safety, etc.
- Interview, hire, evaluate performance, train, and discipline employees as required or necessary.
- Train, coach and supervise employees to attain optimum performance.
- Interface effectively with both internal and external customers. Coordinate with Customer Service & Sales, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Purchasing and other functions as well as with suppliers and other resources.
- Ensure production targets and budgets are met (tooling, productivity, shop supplies, overtime, etc.).
- Ensure sufficient supplies of parts, materials, tooling, and supplies are available.
- Follow all safety regulations and ensure that all employees are sufficiently trained.
- Maintain 5S for all areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate and recommend potential new equipment. Conduct routine audits of equipment and maintenance schedules.
- Assess need for and implement corrective action on an ongoing basis; inform management of schedule slippages, cost overruns or other problem areas in a timely manner to prevent crisis situations.
- Assist in other areas, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including management/supervision, experience in a precision machining environment, preferably within aerospace.
- Familiarity with turning, milling, grinding, and other advanced manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team of employees.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; project management experience is a must.
- Strong technology skills and PC skills; experience with ERP systems required (Epicor a plus)
- Ability to communicate verbally, regular use of phone and email communication is essential.
- Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 60% of the time as well as the ability to move about the facilities.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common, though some time will be spent in the manufacturing area where eye/ear and other protection is required.
- Lifting to 50 lbs.