Director, Inside Sales & Customer Service
At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, we have manufactured high precision components for 75 years. As a third generation family business, our commitment to quality and community has been the cornerstone of our success. Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to join our Senior Leadership Team as our top Sales & Customer Service executive. We recently moved to a state-of-the-art factory, and are poised for growth within the aerospace sector. With this major reinvestment in our new factory, and acquisition of specialized equipment, we are poised to diversify in an exciting new market for ultra precision parts. This role is ideal for a motivating leader who shares our Core Values and passion for excellence in advanced manufacturing.
The Director, Inside Sales & Customer Service is a member of our Senior Leadership Team and this executive will report directly to our CEO. This role will be responsible for managing the sales oriented business goals for the HORST Engineering Family of Companies and will direct the organization’s customer service and inside sales function (B2B).
The candidate must be a strong manufacturing leader who has demonstrated proficiency in building team culture and aligning priorities in a challenging and dynamic environment. They must have prior experience in contract management, customer service, pricing, negotiating, and export compliance for commercial and defense aerospace customers. This position will suit a person who is willing to play a hands on role with the execution of day to day responsibilities in addition to the strategic initiatives. This is consistent with the culture of our entire leadership team and the legacy of our business.
- Trains, develops, and mentors staff. Cultivates the skillsets and competencies of team members to achieve targets for sustainable growth.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the team.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluation.
- Takes ownership of life cycle for customer service operations from “quote to cash.” This includes but is not limited to lead follow-up, RFQ/quoting/proposal activity, contract review, order entry, change order management, contract administration, long term agreement negotiation, and troubleshooting accounts receivable collections.
- Leads contract analysis, discussion, drafting, and negotiation activity for all business development opportunities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Senior Leadership Team as required, including KPI’s for quote activity, orders and sales forecasting, proposal approvals, and negotiation progress.
- Coordinates with senior leadership, management, and operations personnel on the execution of our monthly sales plan.
- Generates and maintains customer satisfaction KPI’s.
- Develops and enforces terms and conditions.
- Reviews and analyzes customer schedule changes to understand impacts.
- Coordinates and approves pricing strategy.
- Helps team members when quality, delivery, pricing, collections, or other issues are escalated.
- Oversees initiatives to meet all governmental, statutory, regulatory, and company requirements.
- Serves as the company’s export compliance contact, overseeing training, shipping, contract review, license and agreement preparation and submittals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience is a must with team-oriented leadership skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably within aerospace or related advanced manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated alignment with the company’s Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Strong integrity and ethics, superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively connect at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management and negotiation related positions, preferably in an aerospace industry environment.
- Contracts experience with commercial, international, and defense (direct and indirect) products.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with lean enterprise process management to further continuous improvement within the team.
- Some domestic and international travel required, up to 10% of the time.