Propel your career forward with an opportunity to inspect critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest gaging technology, inspection methods, and quality systems
- Work with the parts that keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of making high quality parts
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
This second shift position is part of the Quality Assurance Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from special process certifications, shop routers, operation sheets, blueprints, and other specifications, insures that all manufactured parts or materials are in full compliance.
- Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration).
- Verifies actual part count (by hand or by scale).
- Verifies all special processes (hardness, coatings, etc.) to part specifications.
- Performs dimensional verification to operation sheet/blueprint requirements.
- Completes Inspection Method Sheets and shop router paperwork.
- Performs hardness machine verifications.
- High School diploma
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, customer, AMS, ANSI, ASME, and ISO Specifications.
- Must be able to use a variety of Measuring and Test equipment such as Bore gages, Profilometers, Tri Rolls, Height gages, Indicator Micrometers and Optical Comparators.
- Skilled in the use of inspection gauging (micrometer, caliper, height stand, indicator, optical comparator, tri-roll type gauging, profileometer etc.)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical and shop math skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Five years plus years’ experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- CMM experience (PC DMOS) is a plus.
- DQR experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001, Quality Management System requirements.
- Need to possess a “Can Do” Positive Attitude in a very Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment.