Propel your career forward with an opportunity to drive the lean enterprise efforts at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 73-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with a team that cares about continuous improvement and invests for the long term
- Work at a company that helps keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of making high quality parts
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
Job Summary: Sets-up and operates Thread Rolling equipment to produce highly precision component parts that meet all quality standards for aerospace machining.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from blueprints, operation sheets, travelers or other specifications, set-ups and completes all the machining operations to produce a quality part.
- Checks to make sure that the material to be used meets all specifications. Obtains parts or material from a staging area.
- Performs complex set-ups of own work or for others.
- Makes all required adjustments to the machinery. Obtains dies, tooling, gages, inserts and all other equipment needed to complete the set-up.
- Assists other Operators or Set-up/Operators with set-up or production problems and helps to train other set-up/operators.
- Performs all Thread Rolling manufacturing operations as well as all grinding operations as needed.
- Insures that all manufactured parts are in full compliance to quality standards. Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration) on all parts produced and performs actual dimensional verification using measuring instruments as per the guidelines established by the customer, the department or the Quality Assurance Department.
- Replaces all worn or damaged tooling as necessary.
- Verifies and records actual part count, both prior to and upon completion of all work.
- Performs all routine maintenance on the equipment and maintains all fluid levels. Keeps the equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Returns excess parts or material to the staging area.
- Moves the finished work to an assigned area. Enters all work performed in the database and documents all scrap. Notifies department coordinator or supervisor of any parts shortages or machining problems/difficulties.
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Interacts with associates from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation sheets/blueprints, specifications, and all applicable Company/Customer paperwork.
- Five plus years of increasingly diverse experience working with and setting up Thread Rolling Machinery.