Propel your career forward with an opportunity to manufacture critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest thread rolling technology producing the highest quality threads in the world
- Sharpen your skills working with difficult to form high temperature alloys
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Manufacturing function. This first shift Swiss screw machine set-up operator position is part of the Manufacturing Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Job Summary: This first shift position is part of the Horst Engineering Manufacturing Team and is based at our East Hartford, CT plant site. Sets-up and operates thread rolling equipment to produce high precision component parts that meet all quality standards.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Set-up and operate in-feed and thru-feed thread rolling equipment
- Three-die and two die cylindrical die machines (e.g. Reed)
- Flat die machines (e.g. Hartford, Waterbury, etc.)
- Works with blueprints, operation sheets, and other work instructions
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Operate in-feed and thru-feed centerless grinding equipment (e.g. Cincinnati, Royal Master, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required
- 2 years of set-up experience with thread rolling equipment
- Must be able to use standard gauges and inspection techniques
- Experience with SPC, inspection documentation, and problem solving is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation sheets/blueprints, specifications, and all applicable company/customer paperwork