Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
This Staff Accountant role will be responsible for month end close responsibilities including account reconciliation, journal entry preparation and analysis. The position reports to the Finance Manager but also works directly with the Controller to report monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Lead the month end close activities including preparing journal entries and related workpapers
- Responsible for all balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile all cash accounts in the general ledger to the appropriate bank statements
- Reconcile expense and credit card statements
- Identify, prepare and book accruals and related journal entries
- Analyze weekly and monthly manufacturing WIP report for proper general ledger classifications
- Responsible for fixed asset reporting management including ledger maintenance and property tax declarations
- Government survey preparation
- Coordinate correspondence with third parties including bank, auditors and vendors
- Accounting Team focal point for inventory control processes and cycle counts
- Serve as the backup for AP and AR functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience; direct experience within a manufacturing environment a plus
- Excellent understanding of General Ledger Accounting with the ability to research historical transactions
- Actual reporting and variance analytics experience
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills: MS Excel (expert with vlookups, formulas and the use of pivot tables), MS Outlook, and online banking.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems; specific knowledge of Epicor ERP 10 and XL Connect is a plus
- Some day travel, as required