Propel your career forward with an opportunity to work with critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest ERP, information technology, packaging, and inventory systems
- Work with the parts that keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of making high quality parts
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Manufacturing function. This first shift position is part of the Packaging, Shipping, & Receiving Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Pull inventory and repackage for shipment
- Package parts coming from shop floor according to work instructions
- Assure that all parts are packed correctly to the operation sheet and sufficiently to not be damaged in transport
- Process international shipment paperwork including Certificate of Origin and commercial invoices along with international shipment numbers
- Download requirements from customer websites and ship parts with enough time to be received on time by the customer
- Process all company shipments with required paperwork including Certificate of Conformance.
- Receive all incoming service work
- Handle all customer returns including RMA’s and shipping instruction
- Issue Assembly kits to the manufacturing floor
- Cycle count and manage inventory
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience working in a fast-paced shipping department
- Familiarity with international shipments and export documentation
- Strong computer skills and ERP experience (e.g. Epicor ERP) is a plus
- Familiarity with FedEx and /or UPS software and DHL
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- MS Excel skills
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing a plus