Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to work at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of producing quality parts.
- Work for a company with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Engage with leadership that vigorously supports technology and innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for inventory, packaging/repackaging, and processing both domestic and international shipments. This position is based at Sterling Machine Company located in Lynn, MA.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Pull inventory and repackage for shipment
- Package parts coming from shop floor according to work instructions
- Assure that all parts are packed correctly to the operation sheet and sufficiently to not be damaged in transport
- Process international shipment paperwork including Certificate of Origin and commercial invoices along with international shipment numbers
- Download requirements from customer websites and ship parts with enough time to be received on time by the customer
- Process all company shipments with required paperwork including Certificate of Conformance.
- Receive all incoming service work
- Handle all customer returns including RMA’s and shipping instruction
- Responsible for maintaining he company Safety Data Sheets
- Issue Assembly kits to the manufacturing floor
- Cycle count and manage inventory
- Other Duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience working in a fast-paced shipping department
- Familiarity with international shipments
- Strong computer skills-prior ERP experience is a plus
- Work with FedEx and /or UPS software and DHL
- Ability to read blueprints with accuracy
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing a plus