Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to work at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Join a Quality Assurance/Inspection Team that uses cutting edge systems and metrology.
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of producing quality parts.
- Work for a company with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Engage with leadership that vigorously supports technology and innovation.
This position is part of the Sterling Machine Quality Assurance team and is based in Lynn, MA. The Senior Inspector will perform final inspection and fulfill customer quality requirements.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform first piece, in-process, and final inspection of precision machined parts.
- Perform DSQR (Designated Supplier Quality Representative) inspection.
- Interpret AS9100C, ISO9001;2008, GE S1000, UTC ASQR-01, and other customer, material, or process specifications.
- Help develop First Article Inspection Reports (FAI) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reports.
- Perform calibration of Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment, including micrometers, calipers, indicators, and thread gages.
- Maintain gage inventory and recall system.
- Help create and maintain inspection documentation records.
- Interpret special process specifications (heat treatment, coatings, etc.) & validate them.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an aerospace quality assurance environment.
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T blueprints, and perform shop math (including trigonometry).
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Ability to stay focused and be decisive in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with GE Aviation requirements is a plus.
- Past DSQR or DQR experience or certification is a plus.