The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. It manufactures parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. “We help people fly safely.”
This position is based in Connecticut at our South Windsor, CT plant site, but also travels between our East Hartford, CT site and supports our Lynn, MA plant site. Day trips are suitable for most trips.
Why join our team?
Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a leading role in the Accounting & Finance function of a dynamic aerospace manufacturer.
- Play a leading role in the implementation of our new Epicor ERP system
- Dig deep into a new job costing system that will help a growing company
- Create your legacy in a company that actively supports continuous improvement
- Enjoy the security of an established, 3rd generation family business that is professionally managed
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
This Senior Accountant: Financial Planning & Analysis role will be responsible for preparing and analyzing information that critically impacts the business and influences business decisions. The position works directly with the Controller and Senior Staff Accountant to report monthly, quarterly and annual results.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Prepare monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives, including Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliations.
- Analyze weekly and monthly manufacturing trends, job closings, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Set the direct labor and overhead rates.
- Assist in developing annual budgets and annual standard rates.
- Will be the Accounting Team focal point for inventory control processes and cycle counts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience
- Actual, forecast, budget reporting and variance analytics experience
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills: MS Excel, MS Outlook, and online banking.
- Advanced hands-on experience with ERP systems (specific knowledge of Epicor ERP 9 or 10, XL Connect, and/or Shopmate ERP is a plus)
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Contract manufacturing/job shop experience
- Database query and SQL knowledge
- ERP Configuration and implementation experience