Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to manage the inside sales and customer service team at a growing aerospace components manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Additionally, our value-added thread rolling and grinding service business supports the effort of many other suppliers. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with a Senior Leadership Team that has established a 10 year growth plan (BHAG) with significant organic and acquisition growth goals.
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a professional operating system and has a long history of producing quality parts for some of the best OEM customers in the aerospace business.
- Engage with leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
- Work for a company with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
This position will supervise the Sales and Customer Service team for our family of companies. The Supervisor takes responsibility for the order entry process, updating customers on order status, entering quotes, and maintaining data in our ERP system including CRM information. The role is based at our East Hartford, CT plant. This position reports to our General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all orders are entered promptly and accurately.
- Monitor production orders and expedite delivery per customer requests.
- Update customers on their order status proactively.
- Maintain the orders that are part of Long Term Agreements (LTA) and Long Term Contracts (LTC).
- Maintain data on the customer portals.
- Assist in entering quotes for the Business Development Manager.
- Serve as liaison with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Shipping functions.
- Cultivate key customer accounts and develop relationships with important contacts within all levels of the supply chain.
- Drive the use of our ERP system (Epicor) to manage customer relationships, and order flow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- 5+ years’ overall experience in customer service with supervisory/management experience.
- Has the ability to positively represent our company, and is capable of growing relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong technology skills including the use of ERP and CRM (e.g. Epicor ERP) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel).
- Internet skills, including search techniques.
- Technical and sales engineering skills including the ability to read blueprints/drawings and specifications. Must have a strong understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes and products, and the materials and special processes inherent in their production.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Experience working with large OEM customers, as well as smaller manufacturing customers.
- U.S. Government and Department of Defense (DoD) experience.