Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a leadership role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Lead a Quality Assurance/Inspection Team that uses cutting edge systems and metrology.
- Have an opportunity to work hands on with inspectors while implementing new strategies.
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of producing quality parts.
- Work for a company with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Engage with leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
- You will rely on your prior experience and skills to lead our Quality Assurance/Inspection function.
This position is based at the East Hartford, CT plant, but requires travel between other plants in South Windsor, CT and Lynn, MA (day trips). This position reports to our General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and streamlining quality and inspection processes.
- Responsible for interpreting customer/industry drawings, specifications, and requirements along with developing inspections systems/metrology to satisfy requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining AS9100, NADCAP and customer certifications and approvals
- Provide final judgment on quality issues.
- Responsible for effective quality processes including procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics and measurable improvements that are required to meet quality system standards.
- Provide statistical and technical expertise to the team.
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of customer’s requirements and acts as the company’s main customer quality assurance contact.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Manage quality budget including gages, equipment, and certifications.
- Makes recommendations for and implements improvements to quality (i.e. gage technology, systems improvements, etc.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting inspection KPI’s/metrics.
- Manages the non-conforming product processes including robust Root Cause and Corrective Action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Technology, Industrial Management, or equivalent experience including management/supervision and experience with applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
- Experience with application of AS9100 and ISO9001 quality standards.
- Experience with major aerospace manufacturers, including GE Aviation, Pratt and Whitney Aircraft, and United Technologies Aerospace Systems
- Strong information technology skills, especially related to metrology and other quality systems.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards.
- Ability to positively influence groups across an organization to work toward a common philosophy.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Strong ethics to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities.
- Utilize Lean Enterprise and other continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of testing, sampling and inspection.
- Ability to maintain a strong team environment.
- Vision inspection system and/or CMM experience.