Propel your career forward with an opportunity to support the production of critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest ERP software and technology
- Work with a dedicated and longstanding network of suppliers
- Work with the parts that keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Purchasing function. This first shift position is part of the Supply Chain & Purchasing Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Reviews needs for materials and services that need to be obtained or purchased.
- Researches vendor selection and reviews all bids and proposals. Recommends vendors. Negotiates prices, terms, and delivery.
- Obtains approvals for purchases beyond buying authorization.
- Maintains all records pertaining to orders, delivery dates, vendor information, and minimum re-order quantities.
- Keeps current on price changes and discounts.
- Reduces purchasing costs by utilizing good cost containment practices.
- Reviews with the Quality Assurance Department all rejections of in-coming materials or outside services and takes corrective action.
- Notifies all appropriate personnel of any problems with delivery dates.
- Arranges for delivery to and from vendors for parts or services. Expedites shipments.
- Assists with packing and unpacking packages
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or similar field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Two years of buying experience.
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.