Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Manufacturing function. This first shift position is part of the Packaging, Shipping, & Receiving Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
- Pull inventory and repackage for shipment
- Package parts coming from shop floor according to work instructions
- Assure that all parts are packed correctly to the operation sheet and sufficiently to not be damaged in transport
- Process international shipment paperwork including Certificate of Origin and commercial invoices along with international shipment numbers
- Download requirements from customer websites and ship parts with enough time to be received on time by the customer
- Process all company shipments with required paperwork including Certificate of Conformance.
- Receive all incoming service work
- Handle all customer returns including RMA’s and shipping instruction
- Issue Assembly kits to the manufacturing floor
- Cycle count and manage inventory
- Serve as backup for Material Handling (including receiving material, pulling materials)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience working in a fast-paced shipping department
- Familiarity with international shipments and export documentation
- Strong computer skills and ERP experience (e.g. Epicor ERP) is a plus
- Familiarity with FedEx and /or UPS software and DHL
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- MS Excel skills
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing a plus
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to push and pull heavy materials, specifically bar stock
- Ability to operate a large saw
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time