Propel your career forward with an opportunity to drive the lean enterprise efforts at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with a team that cares about continuous improvement and invests for the long term
- Work at a company that helps keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of making high quality parts
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
The Operations Manager will lead and manage our Lynn, MA site and will report to the Director, Operations. This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our manufacturing process, including engineering, inspection, shipping & receiving, and facilities. You will rely on your prior experience and skills to lead the operations of the business to achieve our On Quality/On Time/On Cost KPI’s. You will drive lean enterprise throughout the company, while developing the capabilities and capacity to support our growth objectives.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the multi-shift operations at our Lynn, MA plant site.
- Manage a team of onsite departmental supervisors.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Maintain AS91000 system.
- Drive efficient productivity and zero-defect initiative. Including a focus on efficient use of resources, technology, and relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining a safety focused operation.
- Utilize lean enterprise tools/resources with a focus on continuous improvement
- Associates degree required, Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant manufacturing operations experience
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Strong technology skills including MS-Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong experience utilizing ERP, experience with Epicor a plus