Get real world experience by working the summer at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Experience branding, positioning, and marketing in a real world environment
- Use your social media skills in a business environment
- If you love bicycles/cycling/cyclocross, and want to get paid to talk about bicycles, then this opportunity is for you.
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Accounting function. This first shift part time Marketing Assistant/Intern position is part of the Sales & Customer Service Team, and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major areas of responsibility:
- Perform market analysis and research.
- Support website redesign and develop e-newsletter campaigns.
- Drive social media marketing (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Create marketing videos.
- Create print and digital advertising programs (e.g. Google Adwords).
- Create brochures.
- Evaluate and create collateral and gifts program.
- Organize company logo, photo, and video libraries and update brand book.
- Help with sales at trade shows and races
- Some familiarity with business or business sense. If you are a college student and studying business or engineering, even better.
- Strong computer and Internet skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, search, and website design. WordPress skills are a plus.
- Cycling, and particularly cyclocross experience are a plus, but not mandatory.
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Graphic design skills (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) are a plus.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills. Blogging skills are a plus.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team environment.