Propel your career forward with an opportunity to drive the lean enterprise efforts at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with a team that cares about continuous improvement and invests for the long term
- Work at a company that helps keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a long history of making high quality parts
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
This first shift position is part of the Engineering Team and is based at Horst Engineering’s main plant (East Hartford, CT), but will also travel to and coordinate improvements at our South Windsor, CT and Lynn, MA operations.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Identification of areas of continuous improvement within the organization
- Serve as Horsts Champion of Continuous Improvement
- Mentor Horst Lean Team, including training and development
- Become a continuous improvement advocate in leading and implementing organizational changes
- Plan, lead, and facilitate continuous improvement projects in manufacturing and support areas–throughout the company
- Support the development, training, and use of our ERP system (e.g. Epicor)
- Develop subject matter expertise and act as a trainer for other curriculum areas
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
- 5-10 years of experience
- CI Certificate, Green Belt required; Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated high level project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate within both large and small organizations.
- Experience in manufacturing and business process improvement