The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the aerospace industry. “We help people fly safely.”
Why join our team?
Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to be a true Human Resources Generalist at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer.
- Test your skills by coordinating the HR function and managing one direct report in the full-time role of Payroll & Benefits Administrator.
- Create your legacy in a company that is defined by its Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Enjoy the security of an established and award-winning 3rd generation family business that boasts excellent family relations.
- Engage with modern and technology savvy leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
- We have invested in leading edge Human Resources technology to support this role.
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard.
Manage all Human Resources functions and be the “keeper of the company culture.” This position is based in the East Hartford, CT plant, but requires travel between other plants in South Windsor, CT and Lynn, MA (generally daytrips). This position reports to the General Manager.
Be a key decision-maker in the thick of the action!
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee all aspects of the Human Resources function and regulatory compliance.
- Spearhead recruitment, onboarding and retention of talented people who share our Core Values.
- Lead the training and development of all personnel.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage HR administration with support of Accounting & Finance team.
- Manage performance evaluation process and employee scorecards.
- Oversee the Payroll and Benefits Administrator Role (including health care).
- Manage HR policies and procedures, including the employee handbook.
- Play an active role with company communications, functions, and employee teams (i.e. Safety Committee, Health & Wellness Committee, Green Team, and Family Day Committee).
- Five years of HR experience in Manufacturing, Health Care, or a related-industry.
- Associates degree.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technology skills including MS Outlook and MS Office.
- Demonstrable online recruiting experience.
- PHR certification or equivalent. ERP (e.g. Epicor) and HRIS experience.