Propel your career forward with an opportunity to manufacture critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest deburring, tumbling, and cleaning technology
- Work with the parts that keep aircraft and rockets flying
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Manufacturing function. This first shift position is part of the Manufacturing Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Completes deburring, polishing, tumbling, and finishing operations on high precision components
- Use of pencil grinders, bench grinders, drill presses, and carbide deburring tooling is required
- Functions may include part marking, cleaning, or other tasks as required
- 2 years of deburring experience minimum required
- Experience with aerospace products and/or other close tolerance parts is a plus
- Basic knowledge of tooling and gauging is required
- Will work with blueprints, operation sheets, and other work instructions
- Must be able to follow instructions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in a machine shop or machining environment
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation sheets/blueprints/drawings, specifications and all applicable company/customer paperwork
- Quality minded with the willingness and ability to cross train in other areas to provide support