Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third-generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA; we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for managing the business goals and objectives for the HORST Family of Companies. The incumbent must be a strong leader who has demonstrated proficiency in building team culture and aligning business goals and objectives in a challenging and dynamic business environment. Must have prior experience in contract management, customer service, pricing, and export compliance for both aerospace commercial and government contracts. This role serves as a member of the HORST Engineering Management team.
- Ownership of full-life cycle customer service operations, including but not limited to: contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity.
- Develop the skillsets and competencies of team members to achieve business goals and objectives for sustainable growth.
- Lead contract interpretation, discussion, and drafting and negotiation activity for all opportunities both new and legacy.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Senior Leadership Team and segment initiatives as required including orders and sales forecasting, quote activity and approvals, negotiation progress, etc.
- Generate and maintain customer satisfaction metrics for all locations.
- Review POs, contracts, LTA (long term agreement) documents for new orders and issue discrepancy letters to customers for any items on PO’s not meeting quote or agreement.
- Disseminate contract requirements, deliverables, and terms and conditions to functional areas.
- Oversee the review and analysis of daily activities including but not limited to: customer schedule changes to understand impact to sales plan and operations; coordinate and submit any pricing changes required by customer changes.
- Oversee initiatives to meet all federal statutory and regulatory requirements and Horst Engineering policies regarding export compliance and federal acquisitions.
- Serve as Horst Engineering Export Compliance Administrator (DECA). Administer all export activity (both Defense and Commercial) to include training, shipping, contract review, license and agreement preparation and submittal. Ensure that any export compliance issues are addressed during the quoting process to customers
- Coordinate with Senior Leadership, Management, and operations personnel on the execution of monthly sales plan and its impact on customer requirements
- Own backlog validity and integrity in compliance. with SEC policy and guidelines. Conduct analysis of backlog to ensure that configuration changes are handled timely and accurately to reflect the actual backlog
- Compile data to capture outstanding monies from customers when termination occurs.
- B.S. degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is a must with team-oriented leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management and negotiation related positions, preferably in an Aerospace environment
- Contracts experience with commercial, international, and direct and indirect government contracts.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and understanding of FAR, DFARS.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity of lean process management to further continuous improvement within the department.
- Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures.
- Travel up to 25%