Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
This role serves an integral role for our CT facilities. Primarily responsible for general facility maintenance and will also be responsible for the delivery of products to customers and vendors. Successful candidate must be able to manage the general maintenance of our manufacturing facility. A clean driving record is required.
- Assist Facilities Supervisor with repairs of CNC machinery, including Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Conduct monthly safety inspections and serve as key contributor to Horst Safety Committee
- Deliver and pick up products to our customers and vendors in the New England and New York area daily. (Flexible hours for late deliveries, if needed)
- Maintain company vehicles (i.e. schedule oil changes, monitor tires, clean vehicles interior/exterior)
- Daily maintenance of overall facilities and production floor including, but not limited to:
- Clean-up and maintenance of restrooms, kitchen, wash stations
- Supply replenishment
- Replacement of filter, maintenance of all trash bins, chip barrels and recycling areas
- Maintenance of production floor areas, including coolant/oil tasks, part pans and spare part/supplies
- Snow removal and salting of walkways
- Other cleaning and maintenance issues as they arise
- Assisting in Shipping and Receiving department as needed
- High School Diploma Required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time
- Clean driving record
- Must be fork lift certified or able to attain within 3 months of hire
- Ability to support a flexible schedule as required