Propel your career forward with an opportunity to manufacture critical components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest CNC grinding technology
- Sharpen your skills working with difficult to machine high temperature alloys
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Manufacturing function. This first shift Centerless Grinder position is part of the Manufacturing Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Set-up and operate in-feed and thru-feed centerless grinders (e.g. Cincinnati and Royal Master)
- Will work with blueprints, operation sheets, and other work instructions
- Assist in other manufacturing areas, including cylindrical grinding (e.g. Kellenberger ID and OD) and thread rolling
- 2 years of set-up experience with form, step, and straight grinding minimum required
- Experience with aerospace products and/or other close tolerance parts is a plus.
- Experience with CNC controls (e.g. Allen Bradley, Dean, etc.) is a plus
- Must be able to set wheels, blades, work stops, and tooling
- Must be able to use standard gauges and inspection techniques
- Experience with SPC, inspection documentation, and problem solving is a plus