Propel your career forward with a unique opportunity to lead the business development activity at a growing aerospace components manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We manufacture parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Additionally, our value-added thread rolling and grinding service business supports the effort of many other suppliers. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with a Senior Leadership Team that has established a 10 year growth plan (BHAG) with significant organic and acquisition growth goals.
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business that has a professional operating system and has a long history of producing quality parts for some of the best OEM customers in the aerospace business.
- Engage with leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
- Have the opportunity to travel as part of your work, while still maintaining a solid home base.
- Work for a company with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
This position will lead the Business Development process for our family of companies. The Business Development Manager takes responsibility for the most important customer relationships and drives organic business growth through increased sales to new and existing customers. The role is based at our East Hartford, CT plant, but requires travel between other plants in South Windsor, CT and Lynn, MA; and to customer sites in USA, Canada, and Europe. This position reports to our General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate leads, secure Requests for Quote (RFQ’s), deliver quotes to customers, and develop business with new customers.
- Develop new business from current customers.
- Cultivate key customer accounts and develop relationships with important contacts within all levels of the supply chain.
- Develop pricing strategy, negotiate orders, and Long Term Agreements (LTA) and Long Term Contracts (LTC).
- Drive the use of our ERP system (Epicor) to manage customer relationships, order flow, sales forecasting, and budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales with several years of sales management experience.
- Has the ability to positively represent our company, and is capable of growing relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Established contacts and experience working with large aerospace (commercial and military) OEM customers, including GE Aviation, UTC Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, and the United States Department of Defense Logistics Agency.
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills.
- Strong technology skills including the use of ERP and CRM (e.g. Epicor ERP) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Internet skills, including search techniques.
- Technical and sales engineering skills including the ability to read blueprints/drawings and specifications. Must have a strong understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes and products, and the materials and special processes inherent in their production.
- This role requires occasional travel to USA, Canada, and other international destinations (e.g. Germany, France, etc.).
- Branding, Positioning, and Marketing skills are a plus.
- Technical Marketing skills including web development, social media, paid and organic search; and other Internet tools to aid lead generation, are a plus.