Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
Horst Engineering Family of Companies is now accepting applications for full-time Apprentice Machinists. We are looking for individuals who desire to do precision work, learn a skill which is in high demand, and to grow professionally in a family owned company positioned for growth.
Our 6-month rotational program is designed to provide you with on-the-job training in segmented machining disciplines. Learn how to set-up and operate various machining equipment such as lathes and mills in order to machine or grind components to precise customer specifications. Use measurement tools to ensure accuracy of parts, attend on-site apprenticeship training in addition to the on-the-job learning. At the conclusion of the 6-month rotational program, candidates are eligible to move into a full-time role.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent mathematical and mechanical skills/aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with lathes or mills, preferred