Get real world experience by working the summer at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 71-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Experience accounting in a real world environment
- Learn cost accounting principles
- Experience a major ERP software project in motion
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our Accounting function. This first shift position is part of the Accounting Team and is based at Horst Engineering (South Windsor, CT).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Data gathering and data entry
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare spreadsheets to support standard costs for subcontracting processes
- Accounting and Administrative tasks
- Two years of college level Accounting curriculum
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical and shop math skills
- Track record of doing accurate and neat work
- Need to possess a “Can Do” positive attitude