Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn’t the limit. It’s just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third generation family business, our commitment to our community has been the cornerstone of our success. We aren’t just made in the USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously supports innovation.
This first shift position is part of the Quality Assurance Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
- Working from special process certifications, shop routers, operation sheets, blueprints, and other specifications, insures that all manufactured parts or materials are in full compliance.
- Performs visual inspections (part relationship to operation sheet/blueprint configuration).
- Verifies actual part count (by hand or by scale).
- Verifies all special processes (hardness, coatings, etc.) to part specifications.
- Performs dimensional verification to operation sheet/blueprint requirements.
- Completes Inspection Method Sheets and shop router paperwork.
- Performs hardness machine verifications.
- High School diploma
- Five years’ experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, customer, AMS, ANSI, ASME, and ISO Specifications.
- Must be able to use a variety of Measuring and Test equipment such as Bore gages, Profilometers, Tri Rolls, Height gages, Indicator Micrometers and Optical Comparators.
- Skilled in the use of inspection gauging (micrometer, caliper, height stand, indicator, optical comparator, tri-roll type gauging, profileometer etc.)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical and shop math skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- CMM experience (PC-DMIS) is a plus.
- DQR experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001, Quality Management System requirements.