Propel your career forward with an opportunity to manufacture aircraft engine components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 72-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work with the latest CNC technology
- Sharpen your skills working with difficult to machine high temperature alloys
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
This first shift machine operator position is part of the Manufacturing Team and is based at Horst Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
Major areas of responsibility:
Set-up and operate CNC Lathes (2-axis and multi-axis) (e.g. Eurotech, Hardinge, Wasino, Okuma, etc.)
Will work with blueprints, operation sheets, and other work instructions
- 3 years of set-up experience minimum required
- Experience with aerospace products and/or other close tolerance parts is a plus
- Must be familiar with Fanuc and/or Okuma Controls
- Must be able to set tools, change tools, edit programs
- Must be able to use standard gauges and inspection techniques
- Experience with SPC, inspection documentation, and problem solving is a plus