Propel your career forward with an opportunity to manufacture aircraft engine components at a dynamic aerospace manufacturer. The Horst Engineering Family of Companies is a 73-year-old privately held business that has continuously modernized. Growth opportunities in aerospace manufacturing have never been better. We precision machine parts for some of the strongest and most innovative OEM customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the critical hardware that helps keep planes, helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Benefit from the security of an established 3rd generation family business
- Work with a team that lives the motto: Work hard, play hard
The Assembler is responsible for assembling, marking, labeling, and packaging small parts.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Perform all assembly responsibilities in a cell.
- Assemble and adjust complex components; mark, label and package parts.
- Make adjustments to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and document assembly procedures; train assemblers in operations and processes.
- Set up and operate multiple assembly machines and processes.
- Perform all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Act as a troubleshooter for assembly process problems, resolving issues or escalating to appropriate parties.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of various mechanical components and assemblies to close tolerance. Perform first piece and in-process inspection. Use a variety of conventional and advanced inspection devices, CMM tools and instruments to verify dimensions to drawing specifications
- Identify defects in surface, dimensional, visual and non-conformities (material, documentation and workmanship) to blueprints. Report non-conformance of materials or unusual conditions.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
- Use power and hand tools to complete assembly
- High School Diploma/GED
- 4-6 years of manufacturing experience, preferred
- Basic mathematics skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Set up and utilize gages