Once again, HORST Engineering will sponsor Veterans’ Row at the Manchester Road Race. This annual Thanksgiving Day tradition has been held for 82 years. This year marks the 83rd running. Many of our employees run the race, volunteer at the race, and spectate at the race. “Manchester” is the original “Turkey Trot” and remains one of the largest in the nation with 15,000 runners and more than 30,000 spectators.
Patriotism has always been a core value of Manchester Road Race culture. In 2019, for the second time, organizers are taking their patriotism to a new level by organizing Veterans’ Row at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, located at the corner of East Center Street and Main Street, as runners head for the finish line.
Veterans’ Row will include:
- Free camo sport caps and pens for military/veteran runners
- Pre-Race military/veteran runner reception from 8:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
- Place of Honor recognizing military/veteran runners during race
- Military equipment demonstration area on public display
- Media coverage before, during and after the race
The Manchester Road Race is pleased to honor the service of the men and women who have served our country in the military. HORST Engineering is proud to support the Manchester Road Race in their efforts to raise veteran awareness. So, if you aren’t going to run the road race, come on out and cheer! For more information, check out the race website.